Staying gas safe is just as important in the Summer as it is in the Winter. Follow these 5 tips to ensure your safety and enjoy a stress-free holiday or last minute BBQ.
- By law, all gas appliances in rented properties across the UK must have an annual gas safety check. This also applies to motorhomes and caravans. Don’t be afraid to ask to see the current Gas Safety Record.
- It may sound obvious but make sure you know how to use any gas appliance, including BBQ’s. This will greatly reduce the risk of a fire breaking out and Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
- If you are going on holiday and are worried about staying gas safe in your accommodation, you can actually buy Carbon Monoxide detectors which are suitable for travel.
- Look out for faulty gas appliances.
Do they have black smudges or marks around them?
Are the flames on your gas hob a weak yellow or orange colour?
Remember the flames should be sharp blue in colour.
- Whether you are on holiday or at home it is important to know the signs of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. The main symptoms to look out for are headaches (tension type), nausea & vomiting, feeling tired & confused, breathlessness, stomach pains, dizziness, collapsing and loss of consciousness.
If you are unsure as to whether your engineer is Gas Safe Registered you can easily check on the website. Click on to www.gassaferegister.co.uk.
We can also help you here at CP12 Energy Ltd. Please call us on 0191 440 6274 and you can find us at www.cp12energy.co.uk.